Saturday, May 19, 2018

Investigative Journalist Leslie Kean on the Billy Meier UFO case (December 2006)

Leslie Kean


What follows below is an email correspondence between James Deardorff and Leslie Kean, in which Ms. Kean has expressed her views on the Meier case in general.

                                 James Deardorff to Leslie Kean: December 4, 2006

Dear Leslie,

Larry Driscoll sent me a copy of your latest email (UFOProphet note: Leslie Kean's responses to Larry Driscoll are in blue) with him, I hope that's OK. He sent it to me because he knows I've been investigating the Meier case since 1980 and have come to the same conclusions that all the other primary investigators have (Wendelle Stevens, Lee & Brit Elders, Gary Kinder, Michael Hesemann, Michael Horn): no way could it possibly be a hoax. I've long since exposed Kal Korff's stuff (and book) to be totally false or misleading and replete with distortions and omissions of much relevant evidence.

I'm a PhD with plenty of honors in my professional field of science before retiring, and so feel that my voice ought to be given at least as much attention as that of Richard Hall, Budd Hopkins, Stanton Friedman,or Mark Rodigher, who haven't looked seriously into the primary investigators' findings or researched the case for themselves.

I know I can't change your opinions on the case any more than we can change the opinions of congressmen who have long been brainwashed into thinking that UFOs can't be real. But I can't just let your statements to Larry go unchallenged and uncorrected. So let me try to set the record straight below:

Larry,

Thanks for taking the time to send me the materials. I admire your energy and diligent work, and I think your energy, applied to actual scientifically-based UFO research, would be helpful to all those doing UFO work. They need more people willing to work as hard as you seem to have been doing.

However, the Meier case has long been regarded by the majority of researchers who know anything about it as a fraud. I am aware that out of the serious UFO researchers there still remain a few who take Meier seriously, but long ago, the evidence for his deliberate hoaxing led virtually the entire UFO research community to reject him and his faked evidence.


"Deliberate hoaxing" is just horribly incorrect (please excuse my lack of tact or diplomacy, it can't be helped here). As a contactee Meier stands out so strongly in the amount and quality of positive evidence he was allowed to accumulate that the "mainstream" UFO investigators could not tolerate it. And so they ignored all the supportive evidence and listened just to those who don't think that aliens/ETs could be smarter than we are and have a strategy of dealing with us.

His recent split with his wife, and her testimony as to how she helped him create his frauds, were the final nails in the coffin.

That happened only after she decided she wanted out -- wanted a divorce so that she wouldn't be left alone so often at night with Billy Meier out enjoying conversations with Semjase. She had come under the influence of Swiss ufologist Luc Buergin who is of a mind like Korff. Meier freely stated from the first that he had had a model UFO made so that he could photograph it and see if his photos of it would look like the real thing; they didn't, so he tossed them. Why should he be faulted for that?

You may not be aware that years earlier, in 1979, she was interviewed on video tape, and then her children also, as to the "beamship" sightings she had had in connection with Meier's contacts, and with Meier's sudden disaapearance at the start of one contact. It's on tape, Leslie, I have the tape. One of the adult witnesses with her gave his written report of it also (in Stevens' 1982 book and in my website. The sound quality of the tape was poor, and so Lee & Brit Elders didn't utilize it in their extensive series of videos on the case. If you were to get interested, you could look here for a summary: www.tjresearch.info/witnessa.htm.

Or read the testimony of the earliest known witness, Phobal Cheng, at:
www.tjresearch.info/Phobal_plain_text.htm

Or look over the list of credible witnesses to his contact-related events, who have given their names:
www.tjresearch.info/witness-list.htm

Have you ever read Kal Korf’s book exposing his various hoaxes and fraudulent photos?

His book on the case has been thoroughly refuted, just as has his book on Roswell. Again, if you were to have the time, you could learn of this at:
www.tjresearch.info/moretree.htm
www.tjresearch.info/bachtel.htm
www.tjresearch.info/hasenbol.htm
www.tjresearch.info/Wedcake.htm
www.tjresearch.info/Ober-Sad.htm

In his book, Korff also paints a totally false picture about the Talmud of Jmmanuel document. Distortion after distortion, lie after lie:
www.tjresearch.info/refutekk.htm

I have not put a lot of time in studying this myself, because I rely on a number of trusted advisors who have ben working for decades on doing the best UFO research around. I trust their research and their conclusions; I don't have time to look into every UFO case. Some excellent researchers are Richard Hall, Budd Hopkins, Stanton Friedman, and Mark Rodigher from CUFOS. Bruce Maccabee does photo analysis.

I also give a lot of weight to Maccabee's analyses. He once wrote an article about the incident on 8mm movie tape in which Semjase maneuvered the ship back and forth over a treetop, and calculated the length of a string that would account for it if it were a model suspended from a pole (12 to 14 ft or so). In his website article on it, his conclusion was that the viewer should draw their own conclusion. But in it, he made a valuable additional calculation -- if it were a model swinging from a pole above a baby tree or model tree, the tree would have been only 2 1/2 to 3 ft tall, and would have been some 50 ft away from the camera! Try handling a pole over 50 ft long with suspended model some time, or even 25 ft! This is written up in:
www.tjresearch.info/BillyYes.htm (scroll down), with a link to Maccabee's website article.

One of the things I've learned from the high level Washington people I've worked with in CFi is that the language you use, and the choice of material sent, to anyone in power, such as the Congress, is absolutely crucial. As I said in Roll Call, we cannot tell these people that we have any answers, but can only say we have a mystery on out hands that needs to be looked into. Material like Billy Meier is the wrong kind of stuff to send these people for two reasons - one, that it doesn't leave the UFO question open but presents all kinds of claims of conversation with women ETs, "PleiadianPlejaren Extraterrestrials Contact" and trips throught time, etc (stuff that no skeptic could ever accept even if it were true), and two, that it is at best extremely controversal because many excellent investigators have shown it to be a fraud.

I certainly realize this, Leslie. But some of us do have to put truth ahead of political objectives. In so doing, we've sacrificed our "UFO" reputations but at least have clear consciences!

Thanks for reading this


                                 Leslie Kean to James Deardorff: December 8, 2006

Jim,

I've been away and I'm just catching up; I'm very rushed because I leave town again tomorrow for a week. I remember speaking to you when I did my piece on criop circles; I quoted you in the story that first appeared in the Providence Journal.

Thanks for all the info. I simply don't have time to follow up on all this. The bottom line is that I know that this case is not one that I can work with in my work in Washington with CFi. Too many people who I trust don't agree with your assessment of it. I can only work with cases that don't have this kind of controversy. I continue to trust my close advisors who have served me well for many years.

Approaching people in DC is not about "truth" or feeling good about your "clear conscience." It's about finding a strategy that works, so you can open the door a crack and get them to take the subject seriously. I don't know if you understand how difficult this is to accomplish. But a case like Meier will never work, and if you continue to send this stuff around, it will only have a negative affect, and they will take one look and not bother to read it.

Thanks a lot for your input, but that's how I have to leave it right now.

I wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment